Viewing blog posts for the category Grocery E-commerce
- Advanced Solutions (12)
- Archeology (6)
- Event Management Solutions (3)
- Events (15)
- Grocery E-commerce (15)
- Innovation (18)
- IT Services (13)
- Land Stewardship (8)
- Locker Solutions (15)
- Natural Resources (4)
- NOC Operations (11)
- Operations (9)
- Science Projects (10)
- Security (8)
- Smart Retail (15)
- Supply Chain (11)
The newest logistics center on Vancouver Island selected Mighty Oaks logistics platform to provide order management, warehouse management, inventory management and logistics functionality. Based on Mighty Oaks integrated platform that support multi-retailer operation across the three temperature zones. Retailers and wholesalers using the facility are from a diverse set of industries.
Using Mighty Oaks software we were able to create a fully automated locker based farmgate retail experience. Including Mighty Oaks locker control software,, in-store kiosk ordering software, online ordering and inventory management solution.
The First automated farmgate retail store Canada.
Learn how the largest grocery and foodservices wholesaler in Newfoundland was able to pivot when due to COVID they were unable to run their annual in-person food show. Moving online they were able to connect the 200 exhibitors with over 2,000 business using Mighty Oaks software over a two day period. In the process breaking records in sales and participants for their annual show.
It started on March 12th. Almost overnight the volume of orders being handled by retailers on our platform jumped significantly. We are seeing retailers having between two to ten times the volume in online orders than what they were doing a few days earlier.
The surge in online grocery orders in something we could never have expected. The average annual growth rate across the retailers on our platform has on average been 15%. Mighty Oaks has been providing online grocery solutions since 2002, in those 18 years we have never seen anything like this.
5 Key Insights:
1. Better pickup means consumer personalization options with predictability and reliability, delivery within 2 days or less.
2. We also need to add revenue generation to reduce costs for online delivery without losing sight of 5-star customer satisfaction ratings.
3. Empowering consumer convenience is a delivery choice as to when/where to receive their packages. Convenience means increasingly tackling the food retail last mile challenge.
4. Delivery with Wow! Remarkable customer expectations at the core are points in the consumer brand journey that differentiate one retailer from its competition, one customer from another with personalization.
5. Mobility is King (or Queen). Mobile e-commerce encourages economic diversity that is flexible, scalable and an integrated fulfilment with inventory and network closer to the consumer.